Enter the new year with energy, a clean slate, and new goals for 2021! Keep reading for some of our new year’s resolutions.
Take Care of Your Water Heater
First things first, check the thermostat on your water heater. If it’s above 125 degrees, you should lower it right away. This will save you money on heating costs and protect you from burning yourself on scalding water.
Next up, flush out your water heater. This is especially important if you live in an area with hard water. Over time, sediment collects at the bottom of the tank and forms rust.
There are plenty of ways to reduce your water consumption at home! Here are a few of the easiest ways:
- Turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth or washing your face.
- Collect the water that you waste while waiting for it to heat up in a bucket and use that to water your plants or wash your car!
- Install low-flow faucets, showerheads, and toilets. For assistance with installing your new plumbing fixtures, contact our team!
Keep Your Drains Clear
The best way to keep your drains clear is by preventing blockages before they happen, and you can do this in the following ways:
- Add a mesh drain cover to your kitchen sink and bathtub drain. This will prevent food scraps and loose hair from clogging the drain.
- Avoid tossing fibrous foods, grease, and starchy foods into the kitchen sink.
- Only flush toilet paper and organic waste down the toilet.
- Never use chemical drain cleaners to clear a clog. Either snake the drain, plunge it, or contact our team for professional assistance!
The best way to hold yourself accountable to your new year’s resolutions is to find a partner. To accomplish all of your plumbing goals, lean on our team at Before & After Plumbing and Drain. Contact us today at (623) 250-5883 or visit our website to see what we can do for you in the new year!